TRAVEL - FASHION - LIFESTYLE

Saturday 6 January 2018

What I Pack for India?

I’m leaving for India tomorrow early morning. The flight is at 7 am but I plan to leave home around 4 am, that way I can check-in early, do some duty-free shopping (yes, I do my shopping in airports), and spoil myself a little at the airline lounge. But first, I need to pack!

This time, I must remind myself not to bring shorts to India. The last time I was in Kochi, wearing shorts around the Lulu Mall kept people staring at me, especially young girls. This time, I shall dress more “modestly.”

<< Thai version available below / ภาษาไทยด้านล่าง >>

Before I pack, I often pick a colour theme for the trip to create a capsule wardrobe. This time, I am going with vivid bright warm colours – shading from red, orange to yellow, and some shiny accessories to fit the spirits of India. I did not pick my day-by-day outfits, I just pick a theme and then I will choose whatever I feel like wearing on the day. Once your colour palette is all set, mixing and matching comes naturally easy.

Capsule wardrobe selection for India

For my luggage, I have decided to go with my bronze Muji for this trip. I have been using my medium sized luggage for a couple of years now, but recently, I bought a carry-on to match and end my frustration. Somehow, different colour luggage combination just annoys me. In terms of the differences, there are significant improvements in the details of Muji luggage from the older to the newer version. The zipper and the linings are different, but more importantly, it has a neat wheel locking system. The older one requires you to lock the wheel by twisting the handle, while the improved version only requires you to press a button, making it more convenient for the users. Wheel locking is useful if you plan to use your luggage on trains; as Muji is a Japanese brand that has embedded itself in the Japanese train culture lifestyle beautifully. The function is pretty much identical between both versions, the new one still has the built-in TSA lock. Personally, I would prefer if the luggage comes with a combination locks, because I don’t want to risk losing keys. Aesthetics wise, the resemblance is uncanny.

Comparing small and medium Muji luggages.

The built-in TSA lock and the new zip.
For many years I have loved my medium sized Muji luggage, but why this particular size? The last thing you want when travelling is for your luggage to be overweight and end up paying additional airline fees for it, so the lighter the merrier. I experimented using the metal hard case luggage, packing the same set of belongings and the whole thing weigh a couple of kilos more than the plastic version. Metal cases look really pretty, but never again if it means paying for the extra kilos. Another reason I like this luggage rather than a larger one is that fact that it limits what I pack. This means, if you use a larger bag, you will have the tendency to pack more things. This helps me control my packing to around 18 kg on an average 7-10 days trip (this does not include really cold winter trips because that would be another whole different blog post! Hahaha).

I hope I got everything I need!

Pamme. x

Small and medium Muji luggage in bronze.


<< Thai version / ภาษาไทย >>

จัดกระเป๋าเที่ยวอินเดีย

พรุ่งนี้เช้าจะต้องบินไปอินเดีย ไฟล์ทออกเวลา 7 โมงเช้าคิดว่าจะออกจากบ้านประมาณตี 4 จะได้เช็คอินเร็วๆ แล้วไปช้อปปิ้งสินค้าปลอดภาษีสักหน่อย (ปกติเป็นคนช้อปปิ้งในสนามบินตลอด) นอกจากนั้นจะได้มีเวลาไปนั่งเล่นใน Lounge สายการบินอีกนิดนึง แต่ตอนนี้ต้องรีบแพคกระเป๋าก่อนแล้ว

เมื่อจะเริ่มแพคกระเป๋าต้องเตือนตัวเอง ว่าไปอินเดียห้ามใส่สั้น ไม่ว่าจะกระโปรงสั้น หรือกางกางขาสั้น เพราะครั้งที่แล้วไปเมืองโคจี (Kochi) ใส่กางเกงขาสั้นไปเดินห้างที่ใหญ่ และทันสมัยที่สุดของเมือง คนก็ยังมองแปลกๆพอสมควร และที่แปลกคือคนที่มองส่วนใหญ่จะเป็นเด็กผู้หญิง คราวนี้จึงจะต้องแต่งตัวเรียบร้อยหน่อยแล้ว

ก่อนที่จะแพคเสื้อผ้า แพมจะเลือกธีมสีของทริปก่อน เพื่อที่จะสร้าง Capsule Wardrobe (การให้ความสำคัญกับเสื้อผ้าชิ้นหลักๆ และสามารถใช้ได้ในทุกโอกาส ในสีโทนใกล้เคียงกัน ทำให้ไม่ต้องขนเสื้อผ้าไปเยอะเกินไป) คราวนี้ตัดสินใจว่าจะใส่เสื้อผ้าสไตล์สีสดใส และออกโทนอุ่นๆ จึงเลือกโทนสี แดง ส้ม และ เหลือง พร้อมกับเตรียมเครื่องประดับแวววาวโทนสีทอง ให้เข้ากับความเป็นอินเดีย ปกติแพมจะไม่เจาะจงว่าจะต้องใส่ชุดไหนวันไหน แต่เพียงเลือกธีมสีเอาไว้ พอไปถึงแล้วก็ค่อยดูว่าวันนั้นอยากจะอะไร พอมีธีมสีที่ชัดเจนจะ mix-and-match ได้ง่าย ยังไงก็รอด

สำหรับกระเป๋าเดินทางคราวนี้ แพม เลือกกระเป๋าสีบรอนซ์ทอง ของ มูจิ (Muji) จริงๆใช้กระเป๋าใบนี้มาหลายปีแล้ว แต่เป็นขนาดใหญ่ เร็วๆนี้เพิ่งจะได้ไปซื้อใบเล็กเข้าคู่มาเพิ่มอีกหนึ่งใบเพราะรำคาญเวลามองไปแล้วกระเป๋าสองใบไม่เข้ากัน กระเป๋ารุ่นใหม่ และรุ่นเก่าของมูจิ มีความแตกต่างกันเล็กน้อย นั่นก็คือตัวซิปที่ถูกเปลี่ยนให้ดูเรียบ และทันสมัยมากขึ้น ส่วนการใช้งานการล็อคล้อ เมื่อก่อนจะมีตัวหมุนอยู่ด้านหลังประเป๋าเพื่อล็อค แต่รุ่นใหม่จะใช้เป็นปุ่มกดแทน ซึ่งทำให้สะดวกในการใช้งานมากขึ้น พูดถึงกระเป๋าที่ล็อคล้อได้จริงๆนั้นมีประโยชน์มาก โดยเฉพาะสำหรับคนที่ต้องเดินทางโดยรถไฟ เนื่องจากแบรนด์ มูจิ ถือกำเนิดจากประเทศญี่ปุ่น การออกแบบการใช้งานจึงแสดงออกถึงวิถีชีวิตของชาวญี่ปุ่นที่ต้องใช้รถไฟอยู่เป็นประจำ โดยรวมกระเป๋าทั้งสองรุ่นยังคนมีรูปลักษณ์เหมือนเดิม สีเดิม และยังมีตัวล็อคกระเป๋าแบบ TSA (ที่จำเป็นต้องใช้หากบินไปประเทศอเมริกา) ติดมากับกระเป๋าอยู่แล้ว เพิ่มความสะดวกในการใช้งาน ไม่ต้องไปซื้อตัวล็อคมาล็อคเพิ่ม แต่จริงๆคิดว่ากระเป๋ารุ่นนี่ควรจะมีล็อคที่เป็นรหัสมากกว่า เพราะส่วนตัวไม่ชอบถือกุญแจ กลัวทำหาย

ที่ชอบใช้กระเป๋า มูจิ เป็นพิเศษเพราะรุ่นที่ใช้อยู่เป็นกระเป๋าไซส์กลาง กำลังพอดี และเป็นวิธีควบคุมน้ำหนักกระเป๋าทางอ้อม เนื่องจากกระเป๋ามีพื้นที่จำกัด มันก็ใส่ของได้เท่านั้น จะใส่ให้เต็มยังไงก็ไม่เกิดหนักเกินไปแน่นอน แต่ในขณะเดียวกันก็ไม่เล็กจนเกินไป ส่วนกระเป๋าไซส์ใหญ่ก็เสี่ยงกับการใส่ของมากเกิน ทำให้น้ำหนักกระเป๋าเพิ่ม และอาจจะเกินเกณฑ์ที่การสายบินระบุไว้ สิ่งสุดท้ายที่นักเดินทางต้องการคือเมื่อไปถึงสนามบินเคาน์เตอร์เช็คอินสายการบินแล้วพบว่า กระเป๋าเกินไป ทำให้ต้องเสียค่าน้ำหนักเพิ่ม เพราะฉะนั้นยิ่งสามารถแพคกระเป๋าให้เบาได้มากเท่าไหร่ก็ยิ่งดีเท่านั้น ก่อนหน้านี้ แพมได้ลองใช้กระเป๋าแข็งคล้ายๆใบนี้แต่เป็นเหล็ก สรุปน้ำหนักโดยรวมหนักขึ้นกว่าเวลาใช้กระเป๋ารุ่นพลาสติกหลายกิโล ทั้งๆที่ใส่สัมภาระเหมือนกัน ปกติกระเป๋าของ แพม จะมีน้ำหนักเฉลี่ยอยู่ที่ประมาณ 18 kg ต่อใบ สำหรับทริป 7-10 วัน (อันนี้ไม่รวมทริปที่อากาศหนาวมากๆนะ ถ้าทริปแบบนั้นแค่นี้ไม่พอ 555)

หวังว่าคราวนี้คงจะไม่ลืมแพคอะไรอีกนะ! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig